REAL (Racial Equity And Learning) is a new project funded by the Northampton Education Foundation. We are gathering stories from a wide range of community members about their experiences of race in the district. The overall mission of REAL is to support and strengthen our school community by developing an intentionally anti-racist culture. Our core group is comprised of teachers, staff, students, and family members across the district.
We believe that we can create a school district that is anti-racist, not only in theory but in practice, and has genuine acceptance, respect, and love for all people as a recognizable part of its identity. Talking together and sharing life stories and experiences is one step toward this.
Stories will be developed into a report and/or multimedia exhibits that will be shared and used to help create an anti-racist school district.
Stay tuned for an event in January!
Have questions or ideas? Want to join the working group? Have a story to share?
Please contact these school parents:
· Bridge Street: Benita Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Jackson Street: Jenny Bender (email@example.com)
· Leeds: Bill Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Ryan Rd: Suna Turgay (email@example.com)
· JFK: Noel Raley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· NHS: Jen Berneche (email@example.com)
Northampton Education Foundation Pequeño Grants
Northampton Education Fondo de dotación Grants