Summer Playground Play Dates!
We are excited your kindergarten child will be attending school with us in the fall! Families are invited to join us on these dates to play on the playground. This is a chance for your child to meet and play with their new classmates. It’s also a chance for parents to meet and talk with other parents. No sign-up needed.
Jackson Street Elementary School Playground: Wednesdays August 7th, 14th and 21st from 5-6 pm
Leeds Elementary School Playground: Thursdays August 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd from 5-6 pm
Bridge Street Elementary School Playground: Thursdays August 1st, 8th, and 15th from 5-6 pm
RK Finn Ryan Road Elementary School Playground: Thursdays August 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd from 5-6 pm
Kindergarten Orientations will be held the 1st three days of the school year: August 28, 29 & 30
Getting to know you visits are an opportunity for parents to come to the school with their child to meet their new teacher one-on-one to begin to get to know each other and spend some time in the classroom. Orientations will be scheduled (approx 30 minutes) by the administrative assistant. If you have questions please contact the front office at the school. Kindergarten children will have their first full day of school on Tuesday September 3rd, 2019.
If you have a kindergarten aged child that you need to register to attend in the fall, please contact our Registrar at (413) 587-1328 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please provide your name and address, your child’s full legal name and date of birth. Age requirement: age 5 by August 31st.
CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE REGISTRAR’S CALENDAR– sign up to meet with the Registrar during work-day hours. The calendar will automatically send you a reminder! Drop-In Times (no appointment needed): Tuesday 9am-12pm or Thursdays 1pm-4pm.
Children will attend one of four elementary schools (Jackson Street, Bridge Street, RK Finn Ryan Road or Leeds) and the neighborhood school your child will attend is based on your home address. Please visit our School Assignment Page to see which school your child will attend. If you would like to choose another school you can apply to the Open Enrollment Program. An Application is required before the deadline (March) or turned in with your Kindergarten registration packet. Children are placed based on the availability of space at the school you request (applicants who have a sibling attending the requested school are placed first if there is sufficient space). If more applications are received than spaces are available, a lottery will be held to fill the spaces.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND FORMS
Registration Forms are available at the top of this page. Please complete ALL form. Forms packets will be available at the Information Nights and at registration. We can also mail you a packet. Please print the forms SINGLE SIDED (not double sided).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: YOU WILL KEEP ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS!
- A certified copy of the child’s Birth Certificate: A certified copy of a birth certificate can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office in the town where the child was born. This is different from the hospital record. We need to see this original document which will have a raised seal and also has security features similar to currency.
- Proof of Residency: Property Deed, OR recent mortgage statement OR City Property Tax Bill OR a signed lease/rental agreement OR landlord/owner of property affidavit (contact Registrar for this form) OR a fully signed and executed Purchase & Sales agreement, OR Section 8 Agreement.
- Proof of Occupancy: a utility bill showing the property address for any of the following: gas, oil, water & sewer, electricity, home phone (not cell) or cable
- Photo ID of Parent: Driver’s license or photo ID card, Valid Passport, other government-issued photo ID
- Health Record: Complete Immunization Record AND The MA Health Records Form provided to you at the child’s last physical exam. If your child is not yet 5-years old, please bring the documents from your child’s LAST physical exam. The dental certificate can be signed at your child’s next check-up and mailed to the Registrar.
- Current Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 documents, if applicable.
- Any Court Documents that name your child (if applicable): to include Name Change, Adoption, Proof of Physical Custody, Parenting Agreement, etc.
Questions about Kindergarten please call Early Childhood Center (413) 587-1471 or Email: email@example.com.
Questions about Registration please call Jennifer Towler, Registrar. (413) 587-1328. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Kindergarten Philosophy & Mission
Check our Kindergarten Curriculum page for information about:
- Our philosophy and mission
- Tips for parents
- Development of young children including social and emotional learning
- Information about English Language Arts, Science, Math, Creative Arts (visual and music), History and Social Science and Physical Education
- Daily activities including lunch and snack, recess, parent involvement and so much more!
Making the Transition to Kindergarten: Check out this Handy Guide!