Open Enrollment Applications for 2019-2020 Now Available
Open Enrollment Applications for the 2019-2020 School Year are now available to download from the bottom of this page. Please note that for those children entering kindergarten in the fall, we would prefer that you complete this application at the time of kindergarten registration (or turn it in at that time) so that we can keep the application with your child’s kindergarten file. Priority Lottery Deadline March 15, 2019
Open Enrollment Program Information
Deadline March 15, 2019
Please call the Program Coordinator with any questions: Jennifer Towler (413) 587-1328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Intra-District Open Enrollment Program is for Northampton School District residents (and present School Choice Students). Non-residents please see School Choice Program Link.
Elementary school students are entitled to attend the school in the attendance area in which they reside. However, the School Committee will allow Northampton District families (residing in Northampton, Leeds or Florence) and students already enrolled in the School Choice Program, with children entering grades K – 5, to choose among the four elementary schools based on available space as determined by the Superintendent, under the following guidelines:
- Parents with incoming kindergarten students will be able to apply for Open Enrollment as part of the kindergarten enrollment process.
- An Open Enrollment Application is required for each student and must be received in the office of the Registrar by the application deadline.
- Any student who is accepted at an elementary school under the provisions of this policy is entitled to remain in that school through the completion of fifth grade.
- In the interest of continuity of education and children’s friendships, we recommend that children remain in one school throughout their elementary school years; however, a family may choose a different school for the next school year.
- Non-resident students accepted into the Northampton Public Schools through School Choice, but not at the preferred school, may apply the following school year through the Open Enrollment Policy.
- The School Committee affirms its position that it shall not discriminate in the admission of any child on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, athletic performance, physical handicap, special need, academic performance or proficiency in the English language.
- Parents of children accepted through Open Enrollment will be responsible for the transportation of their children. Transportation will only be provided to students who attend their home assigned school. The Northampton Public Schools will not provide transportation to students who are attending an elementary school outside their attendance area.
- Students in district-wide programs designed to meet the individual needs of the student (bilingual, special education, etc), will need to attend the school where the program resides and may not be eligible for the Open Enrollment Program.Applications are available starting mid January with a mid March deadline to fill seats for the following fall.
For further information, please contact the Central Registration/School Choice Coordinator Jennifer Towler at (413) 587-1328 or email@example.com