Please donate to our Library!
Valley Gives is on May 1. Check it out!
Also, on May 1, we will have a “Dress as a Book Character” day at school in conjunction with this library fundraising effort. Anyone is invited to participate!
Photos this week show some of our Dance Off fun. This has become an entertaining tradition here at school!
Also, a couple of photos show our continued collaboration with Grow Food Northampton. They were in last week making Rainbow Salad with some of our classes. Yummy, nutritious and fun!
Reminder: MCAS SPRING TESTING SCHEDULE (remaining dates)
- Grade 3 (Math) May 2 & May 9
- Grade 4 (Math) May 4 & May 8
- Grade 5 (Math) May 3 & May 10
- Grade 5 (Science) May 15 and May 17
Other Important Upcoming Dates
- May 1: Valley Gives!
- May 4: Art Show Reception at JFK 4:00-6:00
- May 7-11: Staff Appreciation Week: Shannon Hicks is coordinating this event and could use some help, including Monday afternoon at clean-up time (2:45ish). Please let Shannon (email@example.com) know how you can help throughout the week. Schedule is included with the Hawk Highlights.
- May 10: Spaghetti Supper at the Elks to support our trips to Nature’s Classroom. There will be continuous seating from 5:30-7:00. Come enjoy a yummy dinner for a great cause!
- May 18: 12:20 Dismissal for Teacher Work Day
- May 23 and 24: Kindergarten Buddy Days (we welcome new kindergarten students for a visit!)
- May 24 at 6:30: Talent Show
- May 25 at 1:30: Memorial Day Celebration—Families and friends are welcome!
- June 8: Field Day
- June 19 at 1:30: 5th Grade Celebration
- June 20: Last Day of School with a 12:20 dismissal
I hope that all families feel welcome and comfortable at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal