I hope all of you are doing O.K. These are such challenging times, and I so appreciate all your care and communication. Teachers are so grateful for everything you are doing at home to support your children. This pandemic has required the saying, “It takes a village” to be truer than ever!
I wanted to remind all of you about the Town Hall for Tuesday, November 17 at 6:00. Here is the Zoom information. I look forward to “seeing” you. I will do my best to address your concerns and answer any questions you have regarding the Hybrid Model and moving forward.
Meeting ID: 922 6792 7035
Just a few reminders:
Timelines (as long as all goes O.K. with the virus in our area):
• The K/1 students will not start in person services until November 30.
• 2/3 in person students will begin on December 14.
• 4/5 in person students will begin on January 4.
K/1 teachers will have only asynchronous learning on November 23 and 24 in order to prepare classroom spaces. At each grade level increase, teachers will get two days to prepare classroom spaces.
• This week’s photo shows soggy kindergartners on Forest Friday. The number of rainy Fridays has not deterred our kindergarten teachers, ESPs, or students! Yea for exploring the great outdoors.
I attached a couple of timely articles.
- Mask Wearing
2. Holidays During the PandemicHolidays-1
• If you have a Zoom issue during the day, the best thing to do is to call the office (587-1550) or email my Administrative Assistant, Vanessa Keillor. email@example.com
I would love to help, but I am often not at my computer, and I usually do not know how to help. Luckily, Vanessa is becoming a genius with this stuff!
• If you have a problem regarding your child’s chromebook, the plan going forward is listed here:
There are two options for caregivers (and if you need help with any of this, please call the school office (587-1550):
- Create a ticket for someone on IT to get back to you. The portal is at http://nps-support.northamptonit.info/support/tickets
- Schedule a drop off for replacement. You can schedule a time to come to James House (the IT office at 42 Gothic Street in Northampton). The appointments can get scheduled here, https://calendly.com/npschromebookrepair/chromebook-repair
Important Upcoming Dates
• Tuesday, November 17 at 6:00: Caregiver Town Hall (information above)
• Wednesday, November 18 at 6:30: PTO Meeting
• Wednesday (1/2 day) & Thursday and Friday (no school), November 25-27: Thanksgiving Holiday
• Thursday, December 24-Friday, January 1: Holiday Vacation
Stay up to date (under normal circumstances or not!) with all of our school activities on our School Website’s Calendar!
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.