Teachers really enjoyed meeting with parents during our Parent Conferences last week. Please keep in touch with your child’s teacher. Teamwork fostered between teachers and families ensures better success and happiness for your children.
What a fabulous Halloween Party we had on Friday night! You can see a couple of photos from this fun event. Many thanks to organizer, Lauren Fleit (and her extended family!), and to the other parents who helped organize this party. It has certainly become an event not to be missed!
The other photos show our Kindergarten students out on “Forest Friday” adventures, and their fun return to the schoolyard.
One photo shows some members of our Student Leadership Team letting a class know about the importance of collecting for UNICEF on Halloween. UNICEF boxes were sent home on Friday. It is a nice way to have our children help other children around the world.
Also included is a picture of our amazing family photo display, which you can see up close near our school lobby. Check it out!A big thank you goes to wonderful ESP, Val Tompkins, who always has a creative vision and a work ethic to get this project done every year!
Please do not send any Halloween costumes to school (other than those for the traditional Kindergarten parade). Thank you.
Can anyone help us finish up shoveling stone into our garden from the pile? If so, please give us a call and come by with a shovel on Friday, November 2 at 2:00. Thank you!
Important Upcoming Dates
• Thursday, November 1: The Northampton High School Chorus will be here to perform for our school community.
• Tuesday, November 6: Election Day. No school for students (Teacher Work Day)
• Tuesday, November 6: Our 5 th graders leave for 4 days and 3 nights to Nature’s Classroom in Becket, MA! They will return on Friday, November 9 (tired but happy!)
• Monday, November 12: No school for students (Veterans Day Observed)
• Friday, November 16: Photo Re-take Day
• Friday, November 16: Movie Night at school!
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal