Leeds Elementary School PTO is at it again!!
Are you interested in winning a fantastic vacation package, or Red Sox tickets,? Would your child like to have lunch with Mr. Canata, spend some time with a favorite teacher, or attend an awesome local summer sport camp?
Please join us at our 15th Annual Auction and Party. Bring your wallet and wear your lucky shoes to our Casino Royale themed event for parents and friends of Leeds. We’ll have live and silent auctions, blackjack, roulette, food by Seth Mias, DJ, dancing and more! It’s the PTO’s biggest fundraiser of the year.
When: Saturday, March 10th, 6PM – 10:30PM
Where: The Garden House at Look Park
Tickets $10/advance $15/at the door
WHO ARE WE?
Thanks for visiting Leeds Elementary School! LES is a wonderful, eclectic mix of students, teachers and staff who strive daily to create an optimal environment for learning. With efforts focused upon the Responsive Classroom approach to create climate, culture and values, we are committed to building a kind and caring citizenry with the clear understand that there is an emphasis on social, emotional, and academic growth in a strong and safe community. Students are recognized for positive actions through our “Bee” program which is rooted in being respectful and recognizes positive or contributory deeds with a symbolic bumble bee eraser. Community Meetings are held monthly with each one being hosted by a different grade level to showcase student work and our values.
Family involvement, enrichment activities, community partnerships, a commitment to increased technology and most importantly a committed and dedicated staff all mesh to create a vibrant, child-centered elementary school. Please review the latest publication of the PTO to further your understanding of what we are all about! The 2017- 2018 booklet is accessible below.
At Leeds Elementary it is about one thing;
ALL THE KIDS ALL THE TIME.
COPIES OF THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL HANDBOOKS ARE AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IN THE OFFICE.
- Daily Start Time: 8:40 – Playground until 8:50 classroom teacher will greet children
- Bus Schedule – Joy Winnie (413) 587-1337
- WALKER Procedures: Before School/After School Dismissal
- Drop off is at 8:40 and Door is closed by 8:50 (start of school)
- 3:00 pm is afternoon dismissal
- Students that will be dropped off or picked up daily from school will be dismissed at the upper loop. Please stay in you car and our staff will greet/deliver you child/children
- BUS Dismissal Procedures:
- Students that will ride the bus will line up by bus in the front of the building at 3:00 pm
- Students can arrive to school as early as 7:15 am and can stay at late as 5:00 pm. The program is supervised by Leeds School staff and the cost is $8.00 per session. Students will meet in the cafeteria for both programs. We do offer a reduced fee for families that qualify. Mr. Canata will review all requests. Mrs. Ryan is the Coordinator and can be reached at (413) 587-1530. Mr. Canata is also available for questions.
- We are always seeking instructors and proposals for classes; please contact Mr. Canata if you are interested in offering a course. The LEAP program is the after school enrichment program and will start in September as well. Information will come home so please check your child’s back-back. This program is open to all students and again Mr. Canata will review all scholarship requests. Mrs. Cox is the Coordinator and can be reached at (413) 587-1530.
- Hot lunch is served daily: $2.75 for full price lunch, $.40 for reduced and also free.
- Students have a 40 minute combined lunch and recess daily. Please complete all Free and Reduced Lunch information as soon as possible and return to your child’s classroom teacher.
- Classroom teachers will send home student schedules. Art and Music are once a week and Physical Education is twice per week. Please make sure students wear appropriate shoes.
- Nurse: Emily Brackins
- Any questions or concerns please contact Ms.Brackins at 587-1544
- Change of Dismissal plans:
- Please send a note to the office with any change of after school plans
- Please do not hesitate to contact the main office with questions or concerns
- Sharon DeWitt (413) 587-1530
- Laurie O’Shepa (413) 587-1540
- Please remember to contact the office if your child will be out of school for any reason.