Kindergarten Visiting Days
Visiting days will take place January 6-January 31, 2020 in each of our four elementary schools. Each school will have one morning every week for parents/guardians to be quiet observers in one of our active kindergarten classes. This is for adult caregivers only and we respectfully request that no children attend these events. Please call the school a few days before you wish to visit to sign-up. The office staff will provide information about how to access the school during school hours and provide you with guideline for observation. The times will be from 9:30-11:00 am and are subject to change due to school activities or inclement weather. Should school delays or cancellations be necessary, office staff will follow-up with parents to reschedule. If after your visit, you have further questions, we would be happy to have the Principal contact you via phone or email to follow up.
- Bridge Street’s kindergarten classroom visits will take place on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 am. Please contact Nicole at (413) 587-1460
- Jackson Street’s kindergarten classroom visits will take place on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 am. Please contact Deirdre at (413) 587-1510
- Ryan Road’s kindergarten classroom visits will take place on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00 am. Please contact Cheryl at (413) 587-1551
- Leeds’ kindergarten classroom visits will take place on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00 am. Please contact Sharon at (413) 587-1531
If you miss the visiting days, you are welcome to contact the school to arrange for an after school tour. These are generally scheduled one afternoon a week. Please note that times may be limited or not available later in the school year due to MCAS testing and other school activities, especially towards the end of the school year. If you find that you have questions after making a visit to our schools, please contact the main office to schedule a private meeting with the teacher or Principal to have your individual questions answered. For students who enroll in the spring and summer for a fall start, there will be lots of opportunities to visit the school including playground play dates, new student orientation, and other school specific events like families picnics, etc.
Middle School Visiting Days
JFK Spotlight Event: 2020 date to be determined. In previous years the Spotlight event took place at the end of February and is generally held in the early evening. The event is designed for current and prospective students, their families including parents and guardians. The Spotlight event is hosted by the JFK School Council and is an informal event for parents and students (including those interested in School Choice). Please join us to view student work, visit our classrooms, review curriculum highlights, find out about clubs and activities, visit our bake sale and see student performances!
Informational Meeting (Parents/Guardians Only) – Early March (2020 dates to be determined) and generally held in the early evening. Parents/guardians of prospective JFK Students who will be in grades 6, 7 or 8 in September are encouraged to attend. Presentations by the Principal and Guidance will provide information about scheduling, curriculum, the middle school model, and support services. A tour of the building will be included. Students will have additional opportunities to visit JFK. A Spanish interpreter will be present. This event is for parent/guardians only (not students),
Please contact the Guidance department for additional information sessions and move-up days which are planned each year to assist students and their parents new to the middle school. Additionally, there are activities and a move-up day for 8th grade students moving on to Northampton High School. Please visit our guidance department website for specific information, dates and whom to contact with questions.
High School Visiting Days
Northampton High School Tours will be available weekly throughout the spring.
Dates for 2020:
- March 11th, 25th, and 31st
- April 1st, 8th, 14th, and 29th
- May 5th
Please meet at the guidance office at 1:15 pm where a member of our guidance team will provide an overview and answer questions and then a student guide will complete a tour of the building. No appointment is necessary and parents and students are welcome.
Private tours will not be available at other times.
- The bus loop and areas directly nearest the school are tow zones.
- We are not able to allow students to shadow or to visit the school during school hours.
- For any new students starting with us in the fall, there will be ample opportunities to visit the school including visiting days, attending orientation, or other public events.
- For specific information about our high school curriculum and/or services, please call the Guidance Department at (413) 587-1353 or go to the Guidance Department page.